The Scottish Branch of the Guild of Silk Painters was formed on February 2008, by a few very keen and enthusiastic silk painters in the north of Glasgow.
With support from the National Guild and the practical help of a Lottery Award, the Branch has grown and includes members from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ayr.
The aims of the Branch are:
- To meet the needs of the members of this Group, as well as to represent those of The Guild of Silk Painters.
- To promote the art and craft of silk painting
- To help members achieve a high standard of craftsmanship
- To encourage members to exhibit work
- To assist in setting up exhibitions, workshops, lectures and visits.